Base Stylesheet for HTML 4.0

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:19:46 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
Some time ago in this forum, I said I'd work on a "base stylesheet" describing the default rendering of all HTML elements in Mosaic-derivative Web browsers (Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer). This was to provide stylesheet authors with a solid, common "starting point" for editing/cascading, as well as to aid in bug detection.

It's ready for review:

http://www.verso.com/agitprop/corestyle/base.html

I welcome suggestions for improvement.

Todd Fahrner  mailto:fahrner@pobox.com  http://www.verso.com/

The printed page transcends space and time. The printed page, the infinitude of books, must be transcended. THE ELECTRO-LIBRARY.
	- El Lissitzky, 1923