a vote for rotation

From: Space Cowboy <spacecow@mis.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:08:59 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
While it's probably quite complex and a little complicated to deal with,
wouldn't it be nice if you could have a rotate property in CSS? Even if
it's only the cardinal points (0, 90, 180, 270 degrees), I think it
would be a real boon to pages. I've had lots of times I wanted write
some DHTML to spin something around. Would also allow people to replace
(even more) graphics of text with CSS'ed text.

I realize that this causes two problems, one, rendering text at an angle
is more complicated, and rendering raster images is very complicated,
and two, the height and width of the object change when it's rotated,
but I know MM Director programs do this well, and I've seen programming
languages that handle it well.

What'd ya think?

sc