RE: Support for Vector Images

From: Braden N. McDaniel <braden@shadow.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 01:00:43 -0500
To: "'Andrew n marshall'" <amarshal@usc.edu>, <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

I think CGM is the obvious choice--largely because it is an ISO standard. Is it the *best* choice? I don't know; but being free from ownership by any particular company  is certainly a big plus.

I believe there has been intermittent grumbling about the lack of support for CGM in Web browsers for some time now. Would a formal plea from the W3C help things? I don't know, but I'm inclined to doubt it.

Braden