RE: User Default Aural Cues

I don't know of an existing implementation, but I assume that audio cues
will be more and more important as computers are more capable of working
within a pure audio environment.  Some of those cues are probably going to
go towards delimiting various types of material from it's more general
context, including hyperlinks from their surrounding text.  I make the
assumption that users will have settings for these cues, just like we
already have settings for question cues, alert cues, and error cues (for
example, the Windows Sound control panel).  Authors should have access to
these user preferences, in addition to the cues that already exist today.

I wasn't able to find any BASE tag, so I'm not sure if it would be covered
by this.

On another note, I would like to suggest two more generic voice families:
auto and synthesized.  I think the first is obvious, but the second is
solely for design reasons.  I have a strong feeling that the synthesized
voice will be one of those things that stick with us for a long time as a
nostalgic reference, in the same way we look at ads from the fifties today.

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
    http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm
      "Everyone a mentor,  Everyone a pupil"

On Friday, November 21, 1997 5:25 AM, James Green [SMTP:jmkgre@essex.ac.uk]
wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:53:19 -0800 Andrew n marshall <amarshal@usc.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Two that I would really like to see is default values for 'Begin
Hyperlink'

jg@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk