CSS "frame" editor

From: Steve Knoblock <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 04:53:17 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
I've put together a small experiment by constructing a WYSIWYG editor using
JavaScript and CSS for laying out a page with CSS positioning. It allows
the user to move the frames about the page and to record the location and
dimensions for use in a style sheet. I thought it would be interesting to
have an editor where I could layout the page similar to what a dtp-program
does with frames. With this "editor" you can drag "frames" (actually
DIVisions) about on screen drop them in place, and change their size via a
form. When you're done you can save the result to a textarea for cut n
paste. It's primitive and a bit buggy---works in IE4.0 Win95.

http://home.att.net/%7Eknoblock/cookbook/examples/framebuilder.html

Steve

   _/ Steve Knoblock                      mailto:editor@city-gallery.com
   _/ City Gallery                            http://www.city-gallery.com/