RE: DOM, markup, and "dynamic html"

In IE4, we always maintain and surface a valid tree for all documents.
The tree is exposed flattened in a collection based on a pre-order
traversal of the tree. From any element, the parent element can be
accessed, as well as the ordinal position of the element in the
flattened tree.

For valid HTML documents, the tree is unambigious. For invalid HTML
documents, we do our best to clean it up to create a valid tree.

As Todd mentions, you will be able to separate your scripts, style, and
content into separate files.

For example:

<HTML>
  <HEAD>
    <LINK REL="stylesheet" HREF="myFile.css" TYPE="text/css">
    <SCRIPT SRC="dynamic.js" LANGUAGE="Javascript"></SCRIPT>
  </HEAD>
  <BODY>
    content goes here
  </BODY>