null-values for css-properties?

From: Jonas Salling <salling@cooper.xanthus.se>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 15:08:56 -0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>
It seems to me that the CSS1 specification lacks a good
mechanism for disabling non-numeric properties like
text-decoration.

Let me give you an example, just to show what I mean
by "disabling":

P { text-decoration: underline blink; }

<P>I want this paragraph to be rendered according to
my style sheet except for the last two words, where
I don't want the <SPAN style: text-decoration: there
is no no-blink value!!!>blink property</SPAN>.</P>

Are there any thought about this in the CSS community?
H&kon?

Regards,

/ Jonas