Re: DOM, markup, and "dynamic html"

From: Joel N. Weber II <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 15:49:40 -0400
To: scotti@microsoft.com
CC: www-style@w3.org, fahrner@pobox.com
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but it looks to me like
dynamic HTML assumes the browser internally flattens out the HTML
tree.  That would make implementing it difficult in a browser which
uses a tree structure internally.

From what little I've seen of dynamic HTML, it looks to me like it's
impossible to get any two browsers to support it the same exact way.
And it doesn't look like it's going to downgrade gracefully either.

I'd love to be told I'm wrong on this...