IE4.0 and W3C Standards -Reply

From: Erik Aronesty <erik@shell.inch.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:27:31 -0500 (EST)
To: scotti@microsoft.com, www-style@w3.org, www-talk@w3.org

As an unofficial spokesperson for Microsoft, I'd like to add:

Microsoft is the champion of all Internet protocols, including Active-X, Winsock 2.0, and WINS.

Also, Long File Name Abbreviat..., and ".lnk" files simplify Internet shortcuts which can be embedded in MS-MIME mail.

Our GUI is tied to File Access and we are the only OS to support the standard SendMessageExExEx function.

Unlike other OS's, you can configure your System Window Message Queue Default Buffer Size using the Kernel32.

We support all levels of API complexity: MSVCRT10.DLL,  MSVCRT20.DLL,  MSVCRT30.DLL,  MSVCRT32.DLL,
and even NETBEUI!

Obviously we are the leader in technological power, most our API functions require 30 arguments ... many of which MUST be NULL!