Re: Pixels 'n points (CSS1 browser test)

From: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 15:56:08 +0200 (MET)
To: EMeyer <eam3@po.cwru.edu>, www-style@w3.org
On Jun 27, 10:51am, EMeyer wrote:

>    Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what this means?
>
>    * Following their original web design, tables do not inherit styles
>      from the surrounding text or style sheet.
>         (quoted from the Navigator 4.0 release notes)

I suggest you ask the people who wrote it. I was certainly puzzled when
I read it, and there is nothing in the CSS1 Recommendation that describes
inheritance not working for tables.

I think what they might mean in practice is something like

"Known limitation: In this release, tables do not inherit styles from
 their parent elements"

If this is not what is meant, perhaps someone from Netscape would care to
elucidate?