Re: Pixels 'n points (CSS1 browser test)

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 13:04:19 -0700
To: "Hakon Lie" <howcome@w3.org>
Cc: "Style" <www-style@w3.org>
Hakon Lie:
> Very interesting. You're setting properties on TD elements, but it
> seems like some implementations don't honor them yet. A P inside will
> do the trick for now...

Hmm, should I change it or -- since it's a test -- hope that
dishonorable implementations are quickly mended?

I used a similar tactic at <http://www.hpaa.com/css1/fontsizes.asp>,
but this page is not so much a test of CSS1 as a demonstration of the
futility of trying to specify subtle differences with point
measurements.

BTW, which semi-CSS1-enabled browsers don't handle properties on TD?

David Perrell