Re: Style Sheet Implementations (was Re: Definition of "rule"?)

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 17:18:50 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
Chris Wilson (PSD) wrote:

> I hope to avoid a truckload - but we do have some limitations, and I'm
> afraid I don't make the shipping decisions.  Our limitations are fairly
> well-defined, however.

I imagine that browser ship dates are about the most political decisions
that go on in Microsoft other than OS ship dates. :) A really robust
W3C-sponsored mechanism for validating browser behaviour might help
upper management to "see the light" of shipping it only when it is
ready. Unfortunately no matter how good or bad an implementation is, it
gets the "Supports CSS" checkmark on the PC Mag checklist. That's a
powerful incentive to claim support for features before they are ready.

 Paul Prescod