RE: running IE3 and IE4 on the same computer [was: Issue 1: Font- weight and headings]

From: Chris Wilson (PSD) <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 07:08:59 -0700
To: "'Gordon Blackstock'" <gordon@quartz.gly.fsu.edu>, "'Steve Mulder'" <smulder@ziff.shore.net>, www-style@w3.org
Heh.  I can't really agree with that - having to "take the plunge" keeps
a number of people from installing IE4 pp2, when it really is a much
better browser than IE3 (IMHO).  And, of course, for testing purposes,
it would make life much easier if they could co-exist.

For technical reasons, however, it's just not possible.  You would have
to reboot (or maybe just shut down and restart the shell, but I believe
a full reboot) in order to switch.  There's certainly no magic
coexistence formula within Microsoft - I have a separate machine that
runs IE3 for whenever I need to compare rendering.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com
***