Re: Issue 2: Horizontal Rule properties

From: <S.N.Brodie@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 11:33:58 +0100 (BST)
To: davidp@earthlink.net (David Perrell)
Cc: www-style@w3.org, estephen@emf.net
David Perrell wrote:

> Shading should be definable through the use of colored borders. For
> example, light borders at left and top, dark borders at bottom and
> right = 3-D effect.
>
> Ideally, the border colors will abut diagonally, like a picture frame:
>    ___________________________
>   | ____________light________/|

That assumes that the light source is top left.  Is that a reasonable
assumption to make?  I know I programmed my 3D-boxes to assume top-left
light and bottom-right dark but I'd never really considered whether it was
sensible or not.

--
Stewart Brodie, Electronics & Computer Science, Southampton University.
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~snb94r/