Re: font sizes in ems

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 23:03:59 -0400
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>, <www-style@w3.org>, "Steve Knoblock" <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>

At 05:15 PM 19/07/97 -0700, David Perrell wrote:
>Steve Knoblock wrote:
>> This talk of ems and the example pages
>> inspired me to add to a small test page of percent values. I had not
>> thought of combining percent and em on one page to compare them. The
>> is at http://home.att.net/~knoblock/css/EM_TypeSheet.html with links
>to the
>> other pages. I've added David's and Hakons's definitions of an Em. I
>> appreciate any suggestions or corrections.
>Also, on first two pages you've used numerals for you IDs. NSN4 for Win
>doesn't accept numerals for ID or CLASS, and so the sizes are all the

Note that this is in accordance with the CSS1 Recommendation:

- ----
in CSS1, selectors (element names, classes and IDs) can contain only the
characters A-Z, 0-9, and Unicode characters 161-255, plus dash (-); they
cannot start with a dash or a digit;
- ----<http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/REC-CSS1#forward-compatible-parsing>----

Version: PGP for Personal Privacy 5.0
Charset: noconv