Re: font sizes in ems

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:36:34 -0700
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>, <www-style@w3.org>
At 4:34 PM -0700 7/18/97, David Perrell wrote:
>At this address:
>
>  <http://www.hpaa.com/css1/emsizing.html>
>
>is a demonstration page with all measurements in ems, including
>margins, indent, line-height, and font-size. There is a link to a
>screen dump from my system.
>
>Theoretically, this should be equally legible on any machine, including
>a 72ppi Mac. Comments and screen dumps would be greatly appreciated.

Yet another reason why I script IE3 out of the CSS loop:
http://pdf.verso.com/css-ems/MacIE3.GIF

Do you intend the anomalous inter-paragraph spacing?
http://pdf.verso.com/css-ems/MacNS4.GIF

Todd Fahrner
mailto:fahrner@pobox.com
http://www.verso.com/

The printed page transcends space and time. The printed page, the
infinitude of books, must be transcended. THE ELECTRO-LIBRARY.

--El Lissitzky, 1923