Re: font sizes in ems

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:36:39 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Gayle Kidder <reddik@sandiego.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Gayle,

 > Grrrrr indeed. Okay, see this one without tables (lots harder to
 > compare):
 > http://www.beachmedia.com/www/emdemo2.html
 >
 > I've set the body default to 16pt and it still doesn't affect the
 > display in ems.

The size is set to 10pt in your page.

In any case, it's an intersting test page. I've modified it slightly
and put up on [1]. It appears that MSIE4PR2 renders it correctly. NS4
doesn't infer the P end tags and therefore have problems with the
third lines.

Do I have your permission to add the page to the set of test documents
[2] ?

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/ems.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome