@import and other cascade questions

From: Charles Peyton Taylor <CTaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:46:04 -0800
To: www-style@www10.w3.org

Can @import only be used within <style> and style sheets?

I see no example of this, nor any specific rule against it
in the CSS1 Recommendation at W3C, except to say that all
@imports must be at the top of the style sheet.

Really, though, the only time it would be useful is for
quoting and for dynamically-created discussion group pages
such as Webmonkey's Threads.

 C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r         ctaylor@nps.navy.mil
The opinions and views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of
the Naval Postgraduate School

                       "Dreams are like water, colorless, and dangerous"