Re: Style sheet misuse advice

From: James Aylett <sleeper@cryogen.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 00:45:22 +0000 (GMT)
To: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
cc: lee@sq.com, www-style@www10.w3.org
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Chris Lilley wrote:

> > It is also
> > a very good idea to consider users who have disabled the display of
> > background images.
>
> Which is why CSS allows both a color and an image as the background:
>
> body { background: #123456 url(foo) }
>
> The color is seen when the image is not available, or if there are
> transparent portions in the image, or if the image is not tiled in both
> directions.

And also, presumably, to set the second colour for antialiasing, in
whichever browser/operating system combinations that support it. I know
this is supported for the similar attributes on the BODY tag already, and
is quite an important note (it makes small blue text on black readable,
for a start ...). It this actually noted anywhere in the style documents?

James

  James Aylett - Crystal Services (crystal.clare.cam.ac.uk): BBS, Ftp and Web
   Clare College, Cambridge, CB2 1TL -- sleeper@cryogen.com -- (0976) 212023