MSIE 3.0 mac - Cascading backgrounds

From: Charles Peyton Taylor <CTaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 10:15:04 -0800
To: www-style@www10.w3.org
Just downloaded MSIE 3.0 for Macintosh.  I didn't expect
it to be much different from the beta, but was intrigued
to find that it honors background specified from a <LINK>'ed
style sheet.

It also appears to honor "second choice" fonts ( given a
list "font-family : font1, font2" if font1 is not available
font2 will be used) but it doesn't seem to honor generic
fonts (the one I tested was "sans-serif".)

C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r         ctaylor@nps.navy.mil
The opinions and views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of
the Naval PostGraduate School

                       "Dreams are like water, colorless, and dangerous"

                   http://vislab-www.nps.navy.mil/%7ectaylor/