Re: Style Sheets are in NS Commmunicator 4.0

From: Jonathan L Neuenschwander <jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:02:37 -0500 (EST)
To: fahrner@pobox.com (Todd Fahrner)
Cc: jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu, www-style@w3.org

> It doesn't fare well on W3C pages, either. Or on my own experimental pages.
> But I'm very, very encouraged to see that there's at least a start. It can
> only get better.

With them (Netscape) making a big push towards active style sheets, I would
think so.

> Have you noticed that CSS font directives are applied only if the user
> authorizes (TrueDoc) font downloading? That's an interesting move....

No!  I hadn't noticed that, but then I haven't had a chance to delve too
deeply into it, I'm trying to get some work caught up this weekend (and new
toys aren't exactly conducive to that goal. ;-)

> > I haven't found any examples of JavaScript Style Sheets yet.
>
> Ah, but you've gotten JavaScript errors with CSS docs, right? Does that
> mean the same code parses both CSS and JS?

Well, Netscape has said that JSS uses CSS, so that would seem logical.

Jonathan

      jonathan@weirdness.com   _/ _/       _/    _/   And it would've worked
    QUESTION AUTHORITY --     _/ _/       _/_/  _/  if it hadn't been for
  And the authorities        _/ _/       _/  _/_/  those meddling kids and
will question you.    _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/    _/  their stupid dog