Re: CSS Links and indirection

From: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:49:19 +0100 (MET)
To: Greg Kostello <greg_kostello@digitalstyle.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Feb 19,  4:22pm, Greg Kostello wrote:

> According to the CSS specification, an HTML document can add style
> information in at least three manners. Style can be linked, imbedded and
> imported.

Right. Link is a reference from the HTML document to an external CSS
style sheet.

Embedded style happens one of two ways: a style sheet in the STYLE element
or individual snippets using the STYLE attribute.

Importing is a reference from a CSS style sheet (either contained in
a STYLE element, or in another document) to an external CSS
stylesheet.

Yes, using @import.