Re: DSSSL style editing (was: RE: Positioning...)

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 97 16:58:30 EST
To: www-style@w3.org
Mike Wexler <mwexler@Adobe.COM> wrote:
> Editing an arbitrary DSSSL style sheet in one GUI based editor and passing
> it on to another GUI base editor for editing seems to me like it a problem
> as difficult as
> solving the halting problem.

I've been thinking about this for a while now.  I don't think it's that bad.

It might help to have a set of application conventions, but detecting
rules and properties in a base "if-less" case is straight forward.
With more complex style sheets, you may have to have a box that says
"user-supplied code", just as most GUI-builders do.

Lee

--
Liam Quin, lee@sq.com         | lq-text freely available Unix text retrieval
Senior Technical Consultant   | FAQs: Metafont fonts, OPEN LOOK UI, OpenWindows