RE: Positioning HTML Elements with Cascading Style Sheets

At 10:43 AM 2/4/97 -0800, Chris Wilson (PSD) wrote:
>If all processing is done on the server, you're essentially shipping RTF
>to the client... and you've either collected a lot of information about
>your environment from the client (information that many people don't
>want to provide to just anyone), or made a lot of assumptions.  Our
>software people like this view a lot.
>:^)

But I bet your server people don't.  For a popular web site, the load on the
server to do everything server-side is a big problem.  That and bandwidth
restrictions are half the reason for client-side stuff.

Jim King
Product Manager
jimk@mathtype.com

Design Science, Inc.            Sales:   sales@mathtype.com
4028 Broadway                   Support: support@mathtype.com
Long Beach, CA 90803
USA                             World Wide Web:
voice: 562-433-0685                 http://www.mathtype.com
fax:   562-433-6969