Re: Positioning HTML Elements with Cascading Style Sheets

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 00:08:48 +0100 (MET)
To: love26@gorge.net
Cc: www-style@w3.org
William Loughborough writes:

 > Recently I looked within a .ps file for a brief document and could not
 > help wondering, "is this where the 'cascading style sheet is headed?"
 >
 > Are the standards setters for this stuff going to end up with something
 > as dense, arcane and bulky as PostScript?

No, CSS will not turn into a programming language. It's firmly founded
as a declarative little language and the recete debate has confirmed
support for that.

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome