Re: Positioning HTML Elements with Cascading Style Sheets

On Feb 1,  8:07pm, Joel N. Weber II wrote:

> I like programming languages.  They're powerful.   If they're well designed,
> you can do anything with them.

Once upon a time someone bought a computer. It had the best wordprocessor
ever, the most elaborate graphics, a spreadsheet that was infinitely
adaptable.

When they turned it on, all it had was an assembler and a text editor.

"Yes", replied the salesman. "But with that, you can in principle do
anything".

> Is it possible to create a WYSIWYG editor for using other values as a simple
> function?  I don't know.

Yes, provided the number of properties is limited and circular references
are not possible. Essentially, if it comes down to constant evaluation.

An example where this sort of reference is possible is font editors, which
do allow for example the e acute glyph to contain a reference to the e
glyph and a reference, perhaps scaled or translated, to the acute accent.