Re: Proprietary Properties?

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 15:30:37 -0600
To: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
> MS has implemented support for a number of "proposed" CSS properties
> in IE4. I can't provide a list, but the "hover" pseudoclass on
> links, custom cursor and filter support come to mind. I don't think
> these are really so insidious in themselves, but I wish

I will say that we will be implementing all sorts of properties that
don't exists in the standard in order to provide better control over
display and user settings.  However I would recomment that anybody
doing such extensions use a somewhat cryptic prefix to the property
as not to conflict with future CSS.

As such our implementaiton may have rules like:

bpmx-background-width: 1cm
bpmx-background-offset-x: 0.5cm

__