Re: Numbering with "display: list-item" + list item border size

Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> When you are refering to the parent, what are you talking about. AFAIK,
> the CSS renderer does not actually know anything about meaning of html
> tags as such. It is only told establish new container with style, add text
> and add replaceable object with style. And it (the renderer) is the one
> that would put a number/bullet near an item depending on what list-style
> (sp?) the item is said to have in the style sheet.

I've thought about how to do this in my implementation.  It would
require either recreating the rendering structure from that document
node, or putting in some special case code to handle it in parallel in
the two structures.

What I'd like to know is why someone would *want* to change this.
Most of the DHTML stuff has had to do with visual effects and feedback,
this is more of a structural issue,  kind of like changing display: .

Doug
--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com
Silicon Graphics/SSO			http://reality.sgi.com/drand