RE: Selector Readabiliitiy [sic]

From: Andrew n marshall <amarshal@usc.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:13:38 -0800
To: "'David Perrell'" <davidp@earthlink.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thursday, December 04, 1997 12:31 PM, David Perrell [SMTP:davidp@earthlink.net] wrote:
> Obviously, 'first-child' and 'last-child' in your example refer to
> pseudo-classes, not pseudo-elements. Wouldn't ':first-sibling' and
> ':last-sibling' be more descriptive?

Definitively not.  My intent was to capture the case of when an element was the first or last child of a parent, as in:

DIV.Chapter P:first-child

Would mean the first paragraph of a chapter as denoted by a DIV block.

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
    http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm
      "Everyone a mentor,  Everyone a pupil"