Re: CSS Cascade order and Accessibility

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:14:50 -0600
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
> I think a nice, clean solution would be to suggest (*) that UAs give
> all author rules equal weight--i.e., ignore "!important" in author
> style sheets..

I think I'vem entioned this before, but our attempt at resolving
readers requests will be through a !absolute flag available ONLY in
the readers style sheet.  Given the following reader style sheet:

BODY
 { background: black !absolute;
   color: yellow !absolute; }

The reader, regardless of !important's and otehr author changes, will
always see their text in yellow on black.
__