RE: Cascading Style Sheets

Hmm, yes - well, I also argued that the difference between support for the
16 named colors in the CSS specification and the 139 colors that are
"current practice" (as supported by Netscape and Microsoft for a couple of
years now) was under 1k of bits (123 additional colors * (4bytes hash of
name + 3 bytes RGB value + 1 byte because most systems align on word
boundaries) = 984 bytes), and lost as well.  HSL is 10 lines of code,
Crayola is another ~k, ...

The message was "color models are easy to implement in the authoring
environment, where they won't impact the bottom line for CSS
implementations," not "there's no demand for color models other than RGB."

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com
***