a vote for HSL

From: Beth Adelson <adelson@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:24:24 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

Recently I became aware that HSL may be included as a color notation.  I
would like to advocate for its inclusion.

As a professor of computer science at Rutgers University, I have
supervised the design of a large number of web pages.  Over the years I
have seen that my students, who are quite bright have difficulty using
the RGB notation.  The process is time consuming and often students give
up before they have actually gotten what they saw in their mind's eye.

Sincerely,
Prof. Beth Adelson
Rutgers University
adelson@cs.rutgers.edu