RE: Cascading Style Sheets

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 12:05:16 -0600
To: "Hersh, Harry" <Harry.Hersh@fmr.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
> .. Because it makes much more sense for users. Compare for example,
> trying to specify a color such as "pink" using RGB vs HLS. With HLS,
> it is easy to think of pink as a somewhat lighened and desaturated
> red. Now try describing the same color using RBG: how much blue and
> green must be added, and red reduced to obtain pink?

Well, there is an inherent problem with what you said.  Great I may
know how to increase read to become pink under HLS, but the problem
no lies in determining what Red is?

I another color model is added I'd hope that it would be in line with
L*a*b rather than anything else, since if I recall correctly, this
model is capable of representing the widest range of colors.
__