Re: CSS1.0 Cleanup - magnification

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:53:21 -0700
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>:
> Why would an author be using presentational markup?  We're talking
about
> CSS here, aren't we?  Even with presentational markup, I don't see
why
> adjusting the magnification of a page would make it illegible to the
> reader.

In my view CSS1 and element attributes are both markup.

I never wrote that adjusting the magnification of a page would make it
illegible, rather that an arbitrary magnification of ALL the text on
ALL pages would make SOME pages illegible, or at least badly missized
from the author's intent.

If OPERA can do page magnification on a per-page basis, great, that's
exactly what I suggested was the right thing to do. How does that
relate to a CSS1 property that can be incorporated into a stylesheet?

Would a CSS1 text magnification property be useful? How so?

David Perrell