Re: THEAD & TFOOT for columns

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:09:39 -0600
To: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
> time to when scribes published on actual *scrolls*, the scroll
> orientation was usually vertical -- you could drop the lower
> scroll to the ground and then read whilst operating only the
> upper scroll. Try that with horizontal papyrus and your neck
> will hurt. ;)

Just because history didn't do it doesn't mean we shouldn't consider
the possibilies of using horizontal scrolling.

Consider that a book with pages is essentially horizontal scrolling
when you flip the pages...

Horizontal scrolling is great for:
-accounting ledgers
-time sheets
-other charts
-columnar display of multiple databse records
-natural looking tree displays

__