Re: Bad CSS implementations

David Siegel wrote:

> I have a company to run, and in my company we must tell clients why they
> should pay us to build CSS-based sites for them. So far, I haven't heard a
> compelling argument for switching to CSS. Designers and their clients are
> trapped by wanting to do the right thing, yet the inconsistencies, bugs,
> and lack of standard implementations in the 4.0 browsers prevent us from
> investing in style sheets.

I'm not sure if this should make you feel better or worse:
---
I wrote:

> Your talker VRML world crashes IE as soon as it tries to load it, and
> Netscape/Cosmo when I try to log in!

The author wrote back:

hmmm, that's not so good.  it works better with the IRIX version of
Cosmo.  i know it works with NS 3.01 + cosmo 1.0beta3a;
i know it crashes with NS4.0 + Cosmo1.0.1.  the other combos (and IE)
i'm not sure of.  the whole experience has been so frustrating; coding
around all kinds of Netscape bugs, VRML browser bugs and unimplemented
features,  unclear parts of the VRML spec which led to incompatible
VRML browser features, etc.  so much for open standards.
---

Even super-hyped technologies like Java and VRML are having these
problems...

 Paul Prescod