RE: rant rant rant (was: Re: Issue 4: Text-Indent and DIV)

I'm not fighting a lonely battle here - there are a whole lot of battles
going on.  CSS is not an unimportant one to anyone here - but it's also
not the only battle going on, and even I (who somehow obtained the
purist mantle) recognize that.  I am, however, trying as hard as I can
to make sure that our CSS implementation is as pure as possible.

I'd love to embed a time-bomb in every product I ship - it would make
life easier for me as well as you - but that would cause an outcry.
We'll just have to make sure each new product is enough better than the
last one that people will WANT to switch.

Oh, and I'd rather say 'issue' than 'battle' - not everything is
obliterate-the-other-guy to me.  There really is a philanthropist inside
me somewhere.  :^)  And in case you're wondering - other than being
heavily involved in the specification design, and watch-dogging spec
compliance, I don't really do much with CSS Positioning.

And again, the answer to the pending question - if you think our CSS (or
other feature) implementation sucks, tell us so.  Preferably in great
detail.  It sure makes my life easier.  Don't assume that no-one here is
listening, or that your suggestions, ideas, or corrections will not be
heard or possibly acted upon.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com