Re: CSSCheck, a Cascading Style Sheets lint

On Jul 29, 10:52pm, Liam Quinn wrote:

> CSSCheck currently supports CSS1 and CSS Positioning.  Support for CSS
> Printing, ACSS, and Web Fonts will be added in the coming weeks.

I note that it has correct fallback behaviour when presented with a
WebFonts stylesheet - it says it doesn't understand the at-rule.
Good.

> Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

The warnings sometimes have false positives. For example

P {color: black }
P {background: white }

gives two warnings, one that color was set without background and
one that background was set without color.

In an ideal world, of course, it would read all the style sheets that
were linked (directly or indirectly) to a document, and any inline
style attributes, cascade them, and analyse the result.

However, what you have there is very impressive and useful to the
authoring community. I found a couple of typos in my own stylesheets
(such as writing A:link.offsite instead of A.offsite:link)

Congratulations.