Re: The concept of cascading

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:57:25 -0700
To: <wmperry@aventail.com>, "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Cc: "'Paul Prescod'" <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>, <www-style@w3.org>
William M. Perry wrote:
>   If you allow the department to change anything and everything about
that
> stylesheet, not just what the corporate thesis on look & feel says,
then
> you can loose the coherent look that they want.

I'm afraid you missed my point. I wrote: "...documents styled for the
department from which they're generated" and "centrally-controlled
stylesheets". I did not mean to imply that departments or individuals
were free to write their own stylesheets when the creative muse
inspires them.

>   Currently there is no way in CSS to say that all headers must be in
> yellow courier 120% font-height, and _not_ let someone change it.

Is there a way in DSSSL?

David Perrell