Re: Cascading and scripting (was: The concept of cascading)

On Apr 28,  3:59pm, Paul Prescod wrote:

> That's true. I suspect that both will be implemented in IE 4.0 or 5.0
> and perhaps Netscape 5.0 or 6.0 and authors will have to learn both and
> choose. That's too bad. On the other hand, perhaps "Document Object
> Model" scripts will become testing grounds for new ideas that can then
> be incorporated in a rigorous manner into DSSSL. I would rather avoid
> the bifurcation of effort and education, but I suppose that is what will
> separate the professional publishers from the amateurs.

Paul, many of your technical arguments have been cogent and sound. You
are less impressive when you descend into rhetoric, and slurs on the
character or competency of those working in the field. Since you have
a clear technical grasp and an able intelligence, I suggest you have no
need to do this and should resist the temptation.

In my experience, the people working on the Document Object model are
neither un-educated nor amateurs.