Re: The concept of cascading

From: Gayle Kidder <reddik@sandiego.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:20:07 -0700
To: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
CC: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>, www-style@w3.org
All of this discussion I think ignores the fact that style sheets make
it much easier for authors to offer different versions of a document,
simply by attaching a different style sheet. Authors who are offering
content-driven material for a general public that may include various
physical/technological handicaps, it seems to me, should have a
responsibility to post design-simple versions. Perhaps we should be
looking at a way to standardize and tag these simple versions so that
UAs written for special needs can automatically find them.

Gayle Kidder
http://www.beachmedia.com/
http://www.zoomsd.com/