Color spaces for Stylesheets (was Re: Is DSSSL Hard?)

From: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 18:57:04 +0200 (MET)
To: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>, Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>, www-style@w3.org
On Apr 24, 12:19am, Paul Prescod wrote:

> Chris Lilley wrote:
> > My intent was to encourage you to show how DSSSL would implement support
> > for the same color space that CSS uses. Is that possible?
>
> Sure:
>
> (define sRGB (color-space "-//W3C//Color-Space Family::sRGB"))

Hmm, OK so CSS can implement support for Java, DSSL, and controlling
nuclear reactors:

@Java url(http://java.sun.com)
@DSSL url(mailto:papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca)
@nuclear url(http://www.boom.gov)

;-)

> No, FPIs are not rolled out on the web. I guess URLs are basically as
> good as FPIs for what I am discussing, though.

Right. To make your example a little more practical, perhaps you could
outline what the document identified by your suggested FPI above would
contain?