Re: Can cascading work?

Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr> writes:

> I'm actually just leaving, but this caught my eye:
>
> On Apr 23,  8:49pm, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > In my UA today (IE 3.0) I can already make all of the fonts
> > bigger with a button click (my wife uses this).
>
> This is a copy of the original feature in the Arena browser, which
> implemented a CSS1 property called magnification that was later
> dropped from the CSS1 spec before it became a Recommendation.
>
> Dynamic modification of the reader stylesheet in an easy to use way
> really helps, doesn't it, when the author stylesheet is cascaded
> with it ;-)

  This will really only help with well-written author stylesheets.  I
haven't done a sampling, but if anybody has, I'd be interested in the
percentage of sheets that actually _use_ relative font sizing versus the 'I
want this 26pt, dammit' philosophy.

  The default stylesheet in Emacs/W3 uses relative font sizing specifically
so I don't go too far from what the user wants as their default Emacs font
anyway.

-Bill P.