Re: CSS support update in Netscape4 Beta 3

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:46:01 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org, Bloo!!! 8-} <bloo@eskimo.com>
On 16 Apr 97 at 2:26, Bloo!!! 8-} wrote:

>      - If box properties (like padding) are applied to an element it tends
>        to make the element behave like a block element and put linebreaks
>        before and after - even inline elements.

I've found this even without box properties.  If you're using
Netscape 4.0b2 or 4.0b3, see
<http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/style-html.html> for an
example of true "beta" support.  All inline elements are treated as
block elements, AFAICT, if they have *any* style rules associated
with them.  Explicitly setting { display: inline } causes text to
overlap and disappear.

And styled pages are still completely inaccessible if JavaScript is
turned off :(

Liam Quinn
===============  http://www.htmlhelp.com/%7Eliam/  ===============