CSS positioning (Re: colours for bullets)

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 02:04:03 -0700
To: <www-style@w3.org>, "MegaZone" <megazone@livingston.com>
MegaZone wrote Re: colours for bullets...
> Once upon a time David Perrell shaped the electrons to say...
> >... Any ideas on the best way to allow floated tables
> >within paragraphs?
>
> CSS positioning - except that positioned elements overlay, they don't
> alter the flow.
>
> At WWW6 a few of use bantered around the idea of making this a toggle
-
> reflow or overlay.

Toggleable flow-around wouldn't solve my requirement that the table be
positioned relative to a word or phrase within a paragraph. It seems
the only two possibilities for that are to allow tables within
paragraphs or allow tables inside another element that can be within
paragraphs.

Wouldn't reflow on positioned elements be much the same as using
negative margins on floats?

David Perrell