Re: indents

From: David Siegel <dave@verso.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 16:00:34 -0700
To: Steve Knoblock <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
At 01:51 AM 4/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>David,
>I am not deaf. Indents do have no structural meaning. And likely have no
>place in a content markup language. They are presentation, which can mark a
>significant break in paragraphs. My initial paragraphs do have a meaning,
>they are paragraphs intended as an overview of the following paragraphs.

Ahah. So maybe it happens that first paragraphs should have a structural
mark-up tag in HTML, one that is STANDARD? While this makes perfect sense
to typographers, I can see how it might take a while to convince
structuralists.

David Siegel              415 278-9900 x22     fax 278-9911

S T U D I O   V E R S O   512 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94107

http://www.verso.com      http://www.killersites.com
http://www.highfive.com   http://www.dsiegel.com

In 29 states it is illegal to shout "BINGO!" in a crowded nursing home.