Re: colours for bullets - this one is simple, works, & addresses

"David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net> writes:

>QingLong wrote:

>>    I think the same is with many other block elements (e.g. lists),
>isn't it?
>>  Maybe it's worth allowing division (<div>) inclusion into
>paragraphs,
>>  and wrap other block elements into <div></div> to include them into

>That too is 'illegal', as the spec demands that an opening <DIV> close
>an open <P>.

Actually, the OBJECT element appears to have all the properties required
here.  In the current Cougar DTD,[1] OBJECT is allowed inside a P, and
by my reading of that and the WD-object draft,[2] the following will be
legal under Cougar:

    <P>
    ... This can be seen more clearly in Table 2:
    <OBJECT ALIGN=CENTER>
        <TABLE>
          <CAPTION>Table 2: Comparison of frobnitz data</CAPTION>
	  [...]
        </TABLE>
    </OBJECT>
    As we see, the frobnitz levels for the first test case...

and will do more or less what you appear to want.  This may well be a
minor subversion of the intended use of OBJECT, though.

						-sbigham

[1] <URL:http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Cougar/HTML.dtd>
[2] <URL:http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-object>