Re: colours for bullets - this one is simple, works, & addresses

David Perrell wrote:
> Is it an oversight that tables were not allowed within paragraphs in
> 3.2? It's certainly a useful inclusion, and both IE and N support it.
>
> It is often the case that paragraph text references a table, and that
> the only way to insure the table appears with the text is to nest the
> table within the paragraph and align (or float) it left or right so
> that the paragraph text flows around the table both above and below. By
> not allowing tables in paragraphs, the 3.2 spec demands hokey
> workarounds to 'legally' get a table nested that way.
>
> This seems an unnecessary limitation that needs to be eliminated.

I strongly suspect it is because of implied paragraph end tags.

<P>Foo
<P>Bar
<TABLE>...</TABLE>
<P>Baz

Most documents would be developed on the presumption that the table ends
the paragraph. So, for instance, a stylesheet that turns the paragraph
blue would not affect the table. This could not be changed now without
changing the structure of many existing documents.

 Paul Prescod