Re: colours for bullets

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:01:53 -0500
To: neko@greenie.muc.de (Simone Demmel)
CC: www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
On 15 Apr 97 at 17:08, Simone Demmel wrote:

> Liam Quinn wrote:
> > <LI COLOR="#rrggbb" SIZE=xx-large
> > BACKGROUND="http://www.htmlhelp.com/foo.gif" BGCOLOR="#rrggbb"
> > FONTFACE="'New Century Schoolbook', Times, serif" FONTSTYLE=italic
> > TEXTDECORATION=blink>
> > Now repeat that for each LI over an entire site of a few hundred
> > documents.  Then think about what happens when you decide a different
> > colour would have been better.  Then try to remember why style sheets
> > didn't seem incredibly easier and more flexible.
>
> But you are right, that would be too much, perhaps a combination with
> normal style would be the best, so you can define 'your' standard and
> change it only if necessary...

There's no combination needed.  If you want to override what you have
in your external/embedded style sheet, you can just use the STYLE
attribute:

<LI STYLE="color: #rrggbb">

Yes, it's a little more typing than <LI COLOR="#rrggbb"> but it means
that we don't have to continually add new attributes to HTML every
time someone thinks up a kewl new style.

Liam Quinn
===============  http://www.htmlhelp.com/%7Eliam/  ===============