Re: HTML 4.0?

From: <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 10:20:08 -0500
To: schwarte@iwb.uni-stuttgart.de
CC: www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
schwarte@iwb.uni-stuttgart.de wrote:

> Cascading Style Sheets:
> Designing for the Web
> By Hakon Wium Lie and Bert Bos
> ISBN 0-201-41998-X, 256 pages
> List price: $29.95 U.S.
> Due May 5, 1997
>
> The table of contents of this book includes the following:
>
> Appendix A HTML 4.0 quick reference

> ???
> What is HTML 4.0?
> is it identical to Cougar?
> When will the new name "HTML 4.0" become official?

It's a mistake. When trying to make excerpts from the book available
on the Web very quickly, the publisher did not synchronize with the
paper version. The paper version of the book has no mentioning of this
-- since noone knows what the future will bring -- and we will make
sure the Web pages are corrected as well.

I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

-h&kon